The following are some Indigenous Cannabis resources. If you have a suggestion for materials to be added, email firstname.lastname@example.org and we’ll add them.
Traditional means of regulating cannabis in Mohawk Communities
Dispensing Freedom has compiled various cannabis laws from a number of different communities. If you have a cannabis law that you would like to add to the listing, please send us a copy at email@example.com and we’ll add it.
- Draft Garden River Cannabis Law
- Kahnawake Cannabis Control Law
- Nippising Cannabis Law
- Six Nations Cannabis Control Law
- Draft Shawanaga Cannabis Law No. 1.
- Draft Mohawks of the Bay of Quinte Cannabis Law
- North Shore Anishinabek Cannabis Association founding documents
- Mississauga of Rice Lake Cannabis Association founding documents
- Pikwakanagan Cannabis Business Association
- Six Nations People’s Cannabis Coalition
Critiques of Cannabis laws
- Critique of Bimaadzwin Proposal (Garden River)
- Highway 69 Position Paper on Shawanaga Cannabis Law (Shawanaga)
- Dec 2017 Six Nations Medicinal Cannabis Survey
- Alderville Cannabis Survey
Indigenous Language and Cannabis
- Is Cannabis an Aboriginal Right? (article)
- Constitutional question raised in cannabis raids has big implications for North Shore (article)
- Notice of Constitutional Question – Brennan – Aug 8 2019
- Chronological Order of Relevant Events – Amikwa Nation
The following magazines provide in-depth coverage of Indigenous cannabis news and issues.